Having graduated from Oxford Brookes myself in 2002 I have returned as part of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy teaching team. I have been teaching at Oxford Brookes as an Associate Lecturer since 2013 and became a permanent member of the team in 2018.
Previously I have worked extensively in the NHS and in Sports Medicine, where I developed a special interest in shoulder rehabilitation. I completed a Masters in Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in 2010 at King’s College London and have experience of mentoring pre and post-graduate Physiotherapists. I enjoy being involved in research and took up a Research Internship at the University of Oxford in 2014.
My research interests include management of musculoskeletal conditions, patient activation and shoulder rehabilitation.
Current research focus: Anatomy seminars
Developed as a pedagogic research project, anatomy seminars utilising the Anatomage Table are now part of the Physiotherapy programme. The anatomage table is a digital platform hosting real human cadaver software. It has a 3D touch screen, quiz, gaming and motion capabilities. Under the guidance of PALS and the lecturing team, students can remove layers of anatomical tissue, visualise inside a limb as it performs movements, and observe physiology in motion e.g. inside a beating heart.
I connect with other Anatomage users nationally and internationally, sharing new functionalities and ways to engage students in digital anatomy learning.
Research grants and awards
- Oxford Brookes University/ Health Education England winner of the clinical placement of the year award (2017)
- CLARHC (Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research & Care) funding for extension of Ox MInT Internship (2015- 2016)
- Health Education Thames Valley research Internship funding award (2014)
- Ox MInT internship at The University of Oxford
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and MACP grants for MSc studies (2009)
- Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR) Committee
- Athena Swan committee
Centres and institutes
Memberships of professional bodies
- Health Professions Council PH62434
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists 067078
- Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society