Mrs Helen Baker
BSc(Hons), PGCert, RN
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
Having graduated from Oxford Brookes University (Swindon) in 2008, Helen returned as an associate lecturer in 2011 and has been a full time lecturer within the teaching staff at Swindon since September 2014.
Helen's nursing background lies in Cardiology (ACU) at the Great Western Hospital, during which time she completed her specialist course in Principles of Cardiac Care in 2011. More recent roles included clinical supervision and preceptorship for overseas and newly qualified nurses and as a workplace representative for the Royal College of Nursing. Helen's most recent development is as an examiner for the NMC test of competence.
Helen has recently completed her PGCert and is currently undertaking further study in higher education.
- Module Lead (Swindon) for: Complex & Challenging Issues in Adult Nursing Practice and Nursing Fundamentals 1: Family Health & Wellbeing
- Link Lecturer
- Skills Facilitator
- Dissertation Supervisor
- HLS Trainer
- Academic Advisor
- Examiner, NMC Test of Competence
Teaching and supervision
- Nursing Fundamentals 1: Family Health & Wellbeing
- Complex & Challenging Issues in Adult Nursing Practice
- Medicines Management in Adult Nursing
- Making Decisions & Using Evidence
- Consolidation of Practice (IV Study)
Memberships of professional bodies
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing