James is Senior Lecturer in Education at Oxford Brookes and Director of School Improvement in a multi-academy trust in Oxfordshire. He joined the department in September 2010 and was Primary PGCE Leader from 2012 - 15. His professional challenge is to combine both roles to develop practice based reflective approaches to teacher training and development.
Teaching and supervision
- Education (MA)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA (Hons))
- Education Studies (BA (Hons))
- PGCE Post-compulsory (PGCE)
- Primary Teacher Education (Campus-Based) (BA (Hons))
- Primary Teacher Education
- Educational Studies
- Early Childhood Studies
- Primary PGCE - campus based and school direct
- MA in Education
James has a research interest in developing teacher pedagogy and practice. His particular specialism is the use of technology within primary schools. More specific interests are on developing appropriate use of tablet technologies and the development of computing in primary schools.