I joined Oxford Brookes in April 2002 from Manchester School of Physiotherapy where I was involved in teaching since 1998. I am currently one of the physiotherapy clinical placement leads and teach on the BSc and MSc (Pre-registration) Physiotherapy Programmes.
Previously I worked as a clinical physiotherapist in the field of musduloskeltal medicine and rheumatology, undertaking an MSc in physiotherapy as a part time student at Manchester Victoria University.
In addition to my role with Oxford Brookes University I work as a clinical physiotherapist and pilates instructor.
Teaching and supervision
- Human Movement and Dysfunction
- Physiotherapy Management of Long Term Conditions
- Health Wellbeing and Exercise
- Developing Values Based Professionalism
- Dissertation in Physiotherapy
- Integrated Physiotherapy Practice
- Specialist Physiotherapy Practice
- Advancing Physiotherapy Practice
- Module Leader BSc Practice Placements
Functional anatomy and biomechanics; neuro-musculoskeletal dysfunction - assessment, treatment, rehabilitation; use of core stability training / Pilates.
Practice Education for clinical partners
Arthritis Rheumatism Council Post-Graduate Award for MSc dissertation.
Centres and institutes
Memberships of professional bodies
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Consultant Private Practitioner and Pilates Instructor
CSP Education Representative
External Examiner Birmingham (2016 -2021), Manchester (2012-2016)