Teaching and supervision
- Business and Marketing Management (BA (Hons))
- Marketing Communications Management (BA (Hons))
- Marketing Management (BA (Hons))
- Marketing in Context
- Creating & Delivering the Retail Brand
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Developing the Contemporary Retail Experience
Memberships of professional bodies
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM)
- Brooks, N. and Simkin, L. (2011) 'Judging Marketing Mix Effectiveness: Demonstrating A Way Forward'. Paper presented at the Academy of Marketing Conference 2011, Liverpool, July.
- Brooks, N. and Simkin, L. (2010) 'Judging marketing mix effectiveness: A way forward for B2B SMEs'. Paper presented at the Academy of Marketing Conference, Coventry, UK, July.
Neil Brooks is a Senior Lecturer in the Marketing department of the Oxford Brookes Business School. Prior to becoming a full-time member of staff in 2013, he had been teaching part-time since 2005, initially at Brunel University, and at Oxford Brookes from 2007. In that time Neil has taught on a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate modules covering marketing, retailing, economics and corporate strategy.
Neil brings to his teaching a wealth of real-world experience gained from a mix of senior marketing positions at very large international corporations as well as consultancy work with very small firms. Whilst in corporate life, Neil concentrated on high-technology and IT sectors, primarily in business-to-business areas. In 2004 he set up his own marketing consultancy targeting very small businesses in the Home Counties area. This has given him experience in a broader range of market areas including construction, manufacturing, professional and managed services, as well as business-to-consumer sectors such as retail.
Neil is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and previously an examiner for their Professional Diploma in Marketing qualification. His academic research interests focus on marketing effectiveness within SME's, and he has submitted papers on this to marketing conferences and journals.