Rachel is Senior Lecturer at Oxford School of Hospitality Management, Oxford Brookes Business School. Her research focuses on data analytics in Business and financial management in the context of hospitality and tourism. She leads and teaches on a number of Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules and also supervises postgraduate students dissertation. Rachel is a member of Editorial Board for the Journal of Tourism and Hospitality and member of the Scientific committee of ICHIRE, EuroCHIRE, Global Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, Events and Leisure Management.
Rachel is also the Liason Manager of the Business & Management Programme with our International Partner UCSI College, Malaysia.
Teaching and supervision
- International Tourism Management (MSc)
- International Hospitality, Events and Tourism Management (MSc)
- International Hotel and Tourism Management (MSc)
- Tourism and Events Management (MSc)
- International Hospitality and Tourism Management (BSc (Hons))
- Strategic Financial Management
- Business Analytics for Hospitality and Tourism
- Operational Finance for Hospitality and Tourism
- Financial Management in Hospitality and Tourism
Rachel has also supported and taught in other modules, including but not limited to:
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality, Event & Tourism
- Revenue Management and Pricing
- International Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
Rachel has been supervising Postgraduate dissertation on a wide range of topics.
Rachel's research interests are primarily in Data Analytics and application of Big Data in Business and Organisational Management. The more focused research topics are:
- The impact of digitalisation to tourism identity
- Data generation, data usage and governance of data in hospitality and tourism in the emerging data economy
- Financial implication on hospitality and tourism policy development
Her other research interests are around financial management in the context of Hospitality and Tourism, graduate development and employability, especially in terms of graduates’ career development in finance related jobs in hospitality industry and pedagogical research on how to stimulate and embed creativity in teaching and learning finance modules in the HE.
Rachel is collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders in the industry from China, Malaysia, Thailand, the US and the UK. One of the primary impact goal of her research is to assist the digitalisation of information provision and operation for hospitality and tourism organisations, especially the SEMs.
Memberships of professional bodies
Rachel is a member of Editorial Board for the Journal of Tourism and Hospitality and member of the Scientific committee of ICHIRE, EuroCHIRE, Global Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, Events and Leisure Management.
- Hotel Data Conference
- RevMe (Revenue Management & Pricing in Services Conference)