Selorm leads and teaches on modules in Quantity Surveying and Construction Project Management modules at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He holds a PhD in Project Management from the University of Hong Kong. His research interests are primarily in the areas of Infrastructure Project delivery (project definition, procurement and execution), Mega Projects, Project Owner and Operator organisations, Project Capabilities, Project Governance, Organisational Design, and Policy & its implications in the construction industry.
Selorm further possesses several years of industrial experience in the built environment. This has involved working with different actors in roles such as Site Engineer, Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager. In these roles, Selorm has led and managed a US$ 25MM property portfolio (Primrose Properties- Ghana); developed, structured and undertaken real estate transactions to the tune of US$14MM (Primrose Place – Airport); led and coordinated project actors and teams on projects that included industrial, residential and educational building
Teaching and supervision
- Building Information Modelling and Management (MSc)
- Building Surveying (BSc (Hons))
- Construction Project Management (MSc)
- Construction Project Management (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management in the Built Environment (MSc)
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (MSc)
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (BSc (Hons))
I lead, design, and co-teach on modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level. These modules include:
- Project Planning, Risk and Control
- Quantity Surveying Practice
- Financial Appraisal and Commercial Management (Double module)
- Project Management
- Advanced Procurement and Dispute Resolution
- Construction Law and Procurement
- Integrated Project
- Project Financial Control
I am also involved in providing supervision for undergraduates and postgraduate students on varied topics in the built environment. I am happy to receive enquiries in relation to supervision.
Selorm's approach to research is to engage in research that is interdisciplinary, theoretically informed, rigorous, relevant to industry and policy in the domains of construction and project management. My research interests are primarily in the areas of:
- Infrastructure Project delivery (project definition, procurement and execution)
- Mega Projects
- Project Owner and Operator organisations
- Project Capabilities
- Project Governance
- Organisational Design
- Policy & its implications in the construction industry
I also do have research interests in Sustainability, Data Analytics and Integrated Digital Project Delivery.
- Associate - Head of Real Estate Division, Black Star Advisors/Primrose Properties - Accra, Ghana (2008-2012): Directly in charge of the Real Estate portfolio of the company (value in excess of US$ 25MM).
- Quantity surveyor - Procurement & Project Management Consultancy, Accra, Ghana (2007 - 2008)
- Quantity Surveyor - Pentabuild Ltd (Design and Build Specialist Company), Accra, Ghana (2006 - 2007)