Dr Tatiana Moreira De Souza
PhD in Planning Studies, MSc Urban Regeneration, BSc Architecture and Urbanism
I am a Lecturer in Planning and Research Fellow in Urban Planning and Property Markets at Oxford Brookes University. I hold a BSc in Architecture and Urbanism from the University of Sao Paulo, a MSc in Urban Regeneration and a PhD in Planning Studies, both from University College London. My research to date sits at the interface between urban regeneration, urban planning and housing, particularly around large-scale urban regeneration programmes, policies for the delivery of social/affordable housing and the regulation of rental housing.
Areas of expertise
- Urban regeneration
- Housing policy
- Comparative planning studies
Teaching and supervision
- Planning and Development Practice
My research spans across the following areas:
- Urban regeneration, neighbourhood processes and spatial segregation: The socioeconomic outcomes of regeneration projects, particularly those involving large-scale demolition and redevelopment of areas of social housing to promote tenure mix.
- Housing policy, housing tenure and the meaning of home; I am interested in the experiences of private renters and in regulation and policies affecting the private rented sector and short-term holiday lettings.
- Development viability assessments, planning obligations and the provision of affordable housing.
- The governance of diversity and the relationship between perceptions of diversity and sense of place.
- Exploring lessons from COVID for the role of the voluntary sector in Integrated Care Systems