Dr Tatiana Moreira De Souza
PhD in Planning Studies, MSc Urban Regeneration, BSc Architecture and Urbanism
Lecturer in Planning and Research Fellow in Urban Planning and Property Markets
School of the Built Environment
I am a Lecturer in Planning and Research Fellow in Urban Planning and Property Markets at Oxford Brookes University. I hold a BSc in Architecture and Urbanism from the University of Sao Paulo, a MSc in Urban Regeneration and a PhD in Planning Studies, both from University College London. My research to date sits at the interface between urban regeneration, urban planning and housing, particularly around large-scale urban regeneration programmes, policies for the delivery of social/affordable housing and the regulation of rental housing.
Areas of expertise
- Urban regeneration
- Housing policy
- Comparative planning studies
Teaching and supervision
- Planning and Development Practice
My research spans across the following areas:
- Urban regeneration, neighbourhood processes and spatial segregation: The socioeconomic outcomes of regeneration projects, particularly those involving large-scale demolition and redevelopment of areas of social housing to promote tenure mix.
- Housing policy, housing tenure and the meaning of home; I am interested in the experiences of private renters and in regulation and policies affecting the private rented sector and short-term holiday lettings.
- Development viability assessments, planning obligations and the provision of affordable housing.
- The governance of diversity and the relationship between perceptions of diversity and sense of place.
- Exploring lessons from COVID for the role of the voluntary sector in Integrated Care Systems