Dr Wilson Ndasi
Phd. MSc, MBA, B.Agric.Tech, PGCE
Wilson is a Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing. He is an active Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM), Fellow of the Institute of Digital and Direct Marketing (FIDM), Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and member of Institute of Directors (IoD)
Trained and worked in the voluntary and digital marketing domain, my research and knowledge exchange activities reside within non-profit and digital marketing. Specifically, I examine customer and brand engagement, the effectiveness of cause marketing, and how marketing communication affects people’s engagement and motivation, especially prospective supporters in taking voluntary actions. With the ever-increasing adoption and application of digital/social media tools, I explore emerging questions about customer/brand engagement in digital marketing, such as ethics and privacy issues in digital advertising. My research is driven by quantitative methods, including structural equation modelling and other multivariate techniques in psychoanalysis. Current projects include: Understanding the interplay of religiosity/religion and cultural variables in decisions within cause marketing.
Ndasi W, Elvira B, Roushan G, 'Cause-Related Marketing Advertising Formats on Nonprofit Websites: Does a Company’s Donation-Amount Offer In Nonprofit Display Ads Drive Purchase Intention?'
Journal of Advertising Research x (2020)
ISSN: 0021-8499Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Ndasi W, Akcay EE, 'Understanding Authenticity in Digital Cause-Related Advertising: Does Cause Involvement Moderate Intention to Purchase?. Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture'
Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture 15 (2) (2020) pp.24-43
ISSN: 1744-6716Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Ndasi W, Bolat E, Roushan G, 'A comparative impact of cause-related marketing and sponsorship leveraged internet display advertising'
International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising x (2020)
ISSN: 1477-5212Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Member Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow of the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Member Association of Internet Researchers
- Member British Academy of Management
- Member Institute of Directors
- Member Institute of Fundraising
- Wilson Ndasi. (2020) A Cross-Cultural Analysis of the Implications of Cause-Type in Cause- Related Marketing and Price Discount Promotion Campaigns: A Potential for International Competitiveness. 19th International Congress on Public and Nonprofit Marketing (online), Spain, July 2-4th 2020
- Wilson, N. and Akcay, E., 2019. Investigating the Impact of Cause Involvement on Authenticity in Digital Cause-related Marketing. In: The 4th Edition of the LIGUE International Conference 6-7 December 2019 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Ndasi, W. and Roushan G. (2018). Online sponsoring through cause – if you do it, do it right: Evaluating the impact of the ad context congruence. In: Bolat E: Robson, J. and Kooli, K., eds. 17th International Congress on Non-profit and public marketing 6-7 September 2018 Bournemouth, UK. 1-328.
- Ndasi W (2016) Online Cause-related Marketing: Modelling the impact of donation Amount on Purchase Intention in display ad placement on charity website. Presented at 2016 West East Institute Conference 1-3 August 2016, Harvard University USA.
- Ndasi W. (2016) The Effects of Ad-Congruence on Consumers’ Purchase Intention in Online Cause-related Marketing. Presented at the Access to Finance to SMEs Conference, London, 13th September 2016.
- Ndasi W. (2014) Poster: Gaining Internet Customer Traffic from a Giving Relationship: Cause- Related Marketing Models and modelling Online Consumers’ Responses to E-retailer Cause- Related Marketing”. 9th-11th of September 2014 at Belfast