Consultation for Clerici social learning furniture
Monday, 27 February 2017
As the redevelopment of Clerici takes shape, we’re seeking your views on the next part of the job – selecting the right furniture.
We want the views of students and staff on the types of furniture you want in the social learning spaces in the building. An area to meet, study and eat, it should be flexible and support different styles of working – think the Forum in the John Henry Brookes Building.
From Tuesday 28 February to Thursday 9 March 2017 we’re using the lab space on the ground floor of Abercrombie, Headington Campus, as a testing ground. We’ve got three ranges of furniture set up and the designers have brought along their concept designs showing how the spaces could be used (you can also see them below).
So take a seat, test out the space and let us know which you prefer. The collective views will feed into the final designer decision, with the winning supplier then helping to design and furnish Clerici.
We’re also looking at how we use colour to enliven the spaces in Clerici. One of the four colour themes displayed will be incorporated into the chosen furniture range and used on the soft furnishings in Clerici.
You can also view each of the designer’s concept designs below, which shows their vision for how the spaces could be used.
Let us know your thoughts now!
Terms and conditions for the survey competitions:
- The survey consultation period runs from Tuesday 28 February - Thursday 9 March 2017 (inclusive).
- Only students and staff who submit their valid student/staff number may enter the survey.
- The answers submitted here will feed into the decision taken by Oxford Brookes University colleagues when selecting a furniture provider for social learning spaces in the redeveloped Clerici.
- Prizes of 1x£5 voucher per day during the survey period will be awarded to an individual who has completed the survey up to and including on that day. An individual may only win one of these vouchers. An additional prize of a voucher for a meal for four at Taylor’s Yard will also be awarded at the end of the survey period to an individual who has completed the survey. An individual who has won a daily £5 lunch voucher prize will remain eligible for this additional prize.
- A person may complete the survey only once. Oxford Brookes University holds the right to disqualify votes that are deemed to fall outside this ruling.
- Oxford Brookes University reserve the right to disqualify entries, without notice, and for any reason.
- The decision of Oxford Brookes University staff in all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into on the matter.
- Oxford Brookes University reserves the right to withdraw or amend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control without liability to entrants, the prize-winner or any third party.