Thank you to the Student Redevelopment Group
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Over the last two years the Student Redevelopment Group has played an important role in how the campus redevelopment will meet the needs of students.
Over the last two years the Space to Think team has really enjoyed working with the Student Redevelopment Group. The group was created to help inform decisions about the John Henry Brookes Building and its services, to ensure the redevelopment meets the needs of students.
To thank the students who have been involved in the Student Redevelopment Group, the last meeting for the year was held in Brookes Restaurant. Vice Chancellor Janet Beer, came to the event to express her gratitude for the time the group have given to help ensure our campus redevelopment meets the needs of Oxford Brookes’ students.
The Space to Think team has used the information gleamed from the group to feedback a number of key points to a number of the project sponsors. Over the last two years, the Student Redevelopment Group has:-
- Discussed opening hours of the John Henry Brookes Building and extended the opening hours of the Galaxy Lounge during term times.
- Provided input on the look and kind of furniture that will be going into the John Henry Brookes Building.
- Fed into how the library will operate in the new building; including food and drink, the provision of team work spaces and electricity points.
- Provided input into the opening events of Oxford Brookes’ new buildings.
- Discussed IT solutions with OBIS - including WiFi, computer hardware, software and a touch screen welcome device going into reception.
- Helped create OBIS's IT prioritisation strategy.
- Given ideas for how the website could develop and highlighted how it could become more widely used by current students and still be the great tool it is to promote Oxford Brookes University to potential students.
- Offered valuable feedback on how Oxford Brookes interacts and communicates with students.
- Supported Space to Think in a host of other requests - photo shoots, surveys, interviews and VIP tours and events
We would like to thank the Student Redevelopment Group for their support and the great work they have done to develop the student experience at Oxford Brookes.