Gipsy Lane works from 8 November 2013
Notice valid from: 08/11/2013 - 17/11/2013
Expected programme of works from 8 November to 17 November
What's happening on site
- Main lecture theatre and teaching rooms are complete
- Lighting and flooring have been completed in The Terrace
- See recent images from the construction site on our Twitter image gallery
What you need to know
- The bike parking outside the Media Centre will be closing shortly, an alternative bike park is being installed outside of the Buckley building
- A section of the Piazza, the Abercrombie exterior staircase cut through and Abercrombie entrance automatic doors on level 1 are predicted to be open by the beginning of December.
- Deliveries to the Print Room, International Centre and Tonge will need to be arranged in advance - please contact email@example.com for further info
Gibbs and John Payne
- Paving work behind Gibbs has been completed
- Tarmac work in the John Henry Brookes Building loading bay is scheduled to take place at the beginning of November, the works are planned to take no more than one week
- The tarmac work will create some noise and odour disruption to nearby building users. Work set to be carried out over the weekend.
- Birch House computer rooms will be closed from 2 pm Friday 16 November and will reopen at 8 am Monday 18 November. Alternative 24 hour computer rooms are being made available in the Fuller Building (FHG 10 A and B).
Buckley and Abercrombie
- New bike parking will be installed close to the building entrance, estimated competition date is mid-November.
- Whilst bike racks are being fitted there will be some noise disruption to building users after 3pm
- Finishes applied to the courtyard close to Sinclair will require some occasional drilling of block work and may cause minor disruption
Tonge and International Centre
- The stairs between these two buildings are expected to be reopened before the end of the month
- Paving work outside the International Centre is in its final stages and may cause minor disruption from trimming equipment and hand tools
- Excavation work on the site of the bike parking loops next to the building will take place at the beginning of November
- This work may cause some noise disruption to building users
- As part of the paving work, access to the building will need to be closed for up to two days
- The closure is planned for the weekend of Saturday 16 November and Sunday 17 November
To receive weekly updates please email firstname.lastname@example.org