Central services

  • Brookes Union Advice Service

    This service run by Brookes Union offers advice and assistance in relation to housing, money, University and general matters.

    Counselling Service

    Counsellors work with students on any personal problem or emotional difficulty, either individually or in groups.  They can also refer students on for more specialist help where appropriate. Look at their website for plenty of useful advice and self-help material.

    Multifaith Chaplaincy

    The Multifaith Chaplaincy offers friendship and spiritual care to all members of the University - students and staff, UK and internationals, people from any faith tradition, or no faith at all.

    Careers Centre

    Careers information and advice for current students and graduates. The Careers Centre also works to improve employability through the curriculum and invites academic staff to work with their link Careers Consultant.

    Centre for Academic Development  

    The Centre for Academic Development (formerly Upgrade) is the University's confidential study advice service for anyone who wants to improve in:

    • statistics or maths
    • academic English
    • study skills: planning and writing essays, assignments and dissertations - and more...

    Financial Aid 

    Financial aid is able to disburse funds to individual students in financial need.

    Inclusive Support Service (Dyslexia/SpLD)

    Offers advice and support for students with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties (SpLD), from initial screening, to help with planning the final dissertation.

    Inclusive Support Service (Disability)

    The service offers advice and information for students with a disability, including but not limited to: mobility impairments, autism spectrum disorders, sensory impairments, physical conditions or mental health conditions.

    Residence Managers

    In an emergency it may be possible to contact a student via the Residence Manager (Hall Warden).

    International Student Advice Team

    Part of Student Central, this team provides support and advice for current international students and staff at Oxford Brookes. ISAT is located in Student Central in the JHBB.

    Student Central

    The Student Central Advice Team is your central point of contact for queries in person, by telephone, Google hangout or email. They offer a counter service in JHBB.


    Wellbeing brings together the chaplaincy, counselling and support for students with disabilities, dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.