Go to the Students section
Go to the Staff section
Go to the Alumni section
Go to the Study here section
Go to the International section
Go to the About section
Go to the Research section
Go to the Business and Employers section
Go to the Support us section
Awards are governed by the UMP Regulations and specific Subject Regulations.
1. Any student satisfying the requirements for an award as determined by both general and specific regulations is given the award for which he or she qualifies. UCF does not spend time, nor does it need to spend time on them, other than to note the achievement and ensure that the student is on the appropriate award list.
2. Any student who does not satisfy the requirements for the award for which he or she is registered will normally be allowed to continue until he or she does satisfy the rules or until the point at which they have reached the maximum time allowed to complete their award. There are exceptional circumstances whereby students are allowed to graduate where they haven’t met the requirements provided they meet the compensation rules.
3. Any student who is recommended for an award or class by an SEC under existing guidelines will be given the award by UCF without further discussion.
4. A student who does not meet the requirements for an award but is deemed to be an exception because of circumstances not covered by existing guidelines should be discussed with the UCF sub-committee prior to the meeting of UCF. The Chair of UCF will advise over precedent, practice and the relationship to existing guidelines and will report the final recommendation and the reasons to UCF. These exceptions are specifically minuted.
5. A student whose case has not been discussed with the UCF sub-committee, in the interests of natural justice, will still be considered by ,UCF but UCF may record its concern that SEC failed to raise the matter with them at the earlier opportunity.