A major milestone for the Student Record System
Thursday, 04 October 2018
The Student Record System (SRS) programme meets its first major milestone last month as the new Admissions system, CRM Recruit (supplied by Ellucian), went live on 24 September 2018.
This is an exciting time for all the teams involved as the new system will enable improved, timely and individualised communication between University staff and applicants, provide clear applicant information through dashboards and serve to enhance the staff and applicant experience.
A new applicant portal will now be used by those applying directly to study at Oxford Brookes for October 2018 courses and beyond. Application to all postgraduate courses (except PGCE) will now be direct and no longer through UCAS Postgraduate.
Key features of the new system include:
- a single integrated platform for improved access and security of applicants’ details
- improved decision making processes for quicker responses and greater visibility of whole applications, including supporting documentation
- a simplified process for non-system users, for example when academic staff review applications
- enhanced reporting, including more live data to support timely planning of recruitment and admissions activity
- better communication with applicants including options for automated messages to provide updates on their application status.
There is an experienced team in place to manage any queries or issues, including members of the SRS Programme and Subject Matter Experts. IT Services and key stakeholders will be refining the Business as Usual (BAU) and support practice ready for the next milestone in June 2019, when the full Student Record System goes live.
Faculty and ACP colleagues will also be provided with training including user guides and videos which will be tailored to the approach used by their specific courses. There will also be drop-in sessions available over the coming weeks across different campuses to allow colleagues to ask any further questions and access support.
For more information on the SRS programme please check the website, including the frequently asked questions which will be continually updated to further support colleagues throughout the transition to a new system.