Managers can refer staff for assessment where there is concern that a health problem may be affecting attendance, performance or safety.
The range of problems which may lead to management referral include:
- Fitness for work following illness or injury
- Long-term or frequent sickness absence
- Deteriorating work performance/conduct associated with health problems
- Actual or suspected work-related adverse health effects
- Work placement advice under the Equality Act 2010
- Where the work itself or the working environment changes significantly.