Applying for a student visitor visa
A student visitor visa is different to a Tier 4 General student visa as it allows you to study part-time. You may want to apply for this visa if you are studying a short course or research, or only need to come to the UK occasionally for a distance learning course. Find out more from UKCISA
How to apply
Read the Home Office guidance on applying.
If you are a visa national or apply for the English language course maximum 11 months student visitor concession visa, you must apply for your visa before you travel.
If you are not applying for an English language course maximum 11 months Student visitor concession visa, and are not a visa national you can get your visa when you arrive in the UK.
Student visitor visa restrictions
- You cannot apply for a student visitor visa in the UK
- You cannot extend your student visitor visa in the UK
- You cannot do any work with a student visitor visa
- Your family members cannot apply to be the dependent of a student visitor
- The maximum length of a student visitor visa is 6 months. English Language students can apply for an English language course maximum of 11 months student visitor concession visa for up to 11 months.