Non-medical help support (NMHS) scheme

The non-medical help support (NMHS) scheme provides a variety of support services to disabled students via a team of Non-Medical Help Support Workers. The NMHS scheme works closely with the Inclusive Support Service to ensure we know what your needs are and to provide you with the most appropriate support. This is determined via assessment of the supporting documents you provide us with, including a DSA Study Needs Assessment. 

Lectures and seminars

Support might include use of a:

  • recording device
  • portable note taking device
  • sign language interpreter.

Transcription of audio material used in sessions may be arranged.