Getting your CAS

  • You will need a Confirmation of Acceptance to Study, known as a CAS, to apply for a Tier 4 visa.

    • When you receive your CAS, please check it carefully to make sure the information is correct.

    If your course has a placement option, please check the course length on your CAS carefully. For information on how to do this, click here.

    • Please do not request your CAS just before you are expecting module results as the results may effect the end date of your course. If you need to apply urgently before results are published please come to see an adviser.

    Where you need to go to request your CAS will depend on which course you are studying:

    Students starting a new course

    A new process for issuing CASs for new students is being developed. For questions in the meantime please email

    Continuing students

    After the university has processed your CAS you will be sent an email that includes the information you need to complete your Tier 4 application.

    We recommend paying your course fees before requesting your CAS so that your fee payments will then be shown on your CAS. If you pay any fees after getting your CAS and before making your visa application you should contact the Admissions Office and ask them to update your CAS. Please note that it can take a few days for bank transfers to clear. 

    Please note that it can take five working days to produce a CAS.