Supporting documents

  • Required Documents

    • For details of what finance evidence you will need, go to How much money do I need.

    • You will need to send originals or copies* of all educational qualifications/course certificates listed on your CAS used to assess your ability to study and evidence of your English Language level (unless your CAS states that Oxford Brookes has assessed your level as B2.
      Evidence of English Language ability (UKCISA)

    • Your original current passport (and any old passports if they have a UK visa in them) and your Biometrics Residence Permit (BRP visa ID card) if you have one and if you are asked for it.

    • You will need to include one passport sized photograph with the application.

    • You may need a TB (tuberculosis) test certificate.

    *From 5 November 2018 you can use copies of your finance documents and qualifications.

    If any of your documents are not in English then in addition to sending the original document you must also include an original official translation that has been signed and dated by an authorised translator and includes their contact details and a confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document.

    Am I a low-risk student?

    If you are a national of any of the countries  listed by the Home Office as low-risk and you are applying from your home country or the UK you do not need to send your finance documents nor your course certificates that were assessed to give you the offer of your place on your course.

    (You still need to meet and evidence the UKVI's English language requirements and academic progress requirements.)

    On the 06 July 2018 the list changed and the following countries were added:
    Bahrain, Cambodia, China, The Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Kuwait, The Maldives, Mexico, Serbia, Thailand, Macau SAR.

    Oman was removed from the list and is no longer be a low-risk country.

    After they receive your application the Home Office may still contact you and ask for your documents. The finance documents must have the required money for the 28 days before you submitted your visa application. If you cannot provide them in the time they give you to send them, then your application will be refused.

    Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

    You only need this if you will be studying or researching one of the subjects in the Academic Technology Approval Scheme ( ATAS). The subjects on the ATAS list are in science, engineering and technology.

    Read the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) information to find out exactly which courses require an ATAS and how to apply for it. If you need an ATAS certificate you must get this before you can apply before your visa.

    If you have any questions please email