Visitor visas and graduation

  • Please visit the Gov.UK website for information about visitor visas:

    If friends or family are applying for a visitor visa to come and see you, you should send them:

    When someone is applying for a visitor visa it is a good idea to include evidence of their continuing connections with their home country, for example, evidence of other close family, rent agreements or property ownership, and any study or employment. This is because the UKVI can refuse visitor visa applications if they think the person applying may not go back home and they can do this without asking for more evidence and there is no way to review or appeal the decision. 

    It is a good idea for your visitors to take out travel and medical insurance as they will not be eligible for most NHS care.

    Applying for a visitor visa to attend your graduation ceremony

    It is not possible to extend your Tier 4 student visa to attend your graduation ceremony, so if your ceremony is going to take place after the end date of your Tier 4 visa, you will need to leave the UK and apply for a visitor visa to return. You will also need to request a graduation ceremony invitation visa letter to support your visitor visa application and for the visitor visa application of anyone coming to see you at the ceremony. You can do this via your Student Information pages.

    It is possible to study for up to 30 days on a visit visa as long as this is not your main reason for visiting the UK.