Next week, visitors to the Library website will notice a fresh new look and user-friendly design as the next major stage of the University's web transformation project goes live. Library colleagues have worked in close collaboration with the Web Team to respond to staff and student input and feedback, redesigning the webpages to reflect the priorities of site users.
The key changes to the webpages are:
- A simplified design for improved accessibility
- Intuitive navigation for quick and easy access to information
- An improved search function
- Rewritten content for improved readability and clarity
- A new yellow and grey colour scheme which replaces the old pink and purple visual identity
- New URLs.
Academic staff need to be aware of the following:
- If you are still preparing materials for Semester 1 and these include Library links, do check what the new link will be. Before 11 August please contact the Learning Resources (LR) Web Group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have already added links in Moodle or course handbooks for Semester 1, these will automatically redirect students to the new pages
- Links to Library Search, online reading lists, databases and journals are unaffected.
The Library team have created a preview presentation of the new site which covers the following:
- Changes to the homepage
- New course resource help pages (previously subject help pages)
- Updates to general library pages
- A breakdown of the user-centred approach taken by the team.