With the days getting shorter, make sure you’re safe and seen this Road Safety Week, 16 to 22 November, and beyond.
Whilst walking and cycling is a great way to get around and to exercise, as the days grow shorter and darkness sets in earlier, let’s make sure you keep yourself and others safe on the road this winter.
Sustainable travel offers
The University offers a range of travel discounts during Road Safety Week and beyond:
Travel offers during Road Safety Week:
- 20% discount on good quality, USB chargeable, SEE.SENSE bike lights
- 10% discount on running gear at Up and Running
Offers from the University’s Security Services:
- A set of bike lights for £5
- Bike D locks for £20 (these normally retail for £35)
- Free bike marking with Bike Register, available to order from the Security Services webpage.
You can collect and pay (by card) for the bike locks and lights at John Henry Brookes Building Reception, or you can phone them to arrange collection outside of reception opening hours: 01865 483060
If you can't come to Headington Campus the Security Team can bring the lights and locks to students based at Harcourt or Wheatley campus on one of their patrols. You can then pay by card with the mobile card machine.
Ongoing travel offers:
- Bike Doctor Service for cycle maintenance; all the labour is free, however, you will need to pay for any parts required. Book by emailing: email@example.com
- Second hand bikes; please contact the Bike Doctor for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about these and other travel offers can be found on the student travel offers webpage.