To commemorate Nelson Mandela International Day, the BAME Staff Network, in collaboration with Smart Works, is running a Donations Drive from 20 June - 18 July.
Smart Works is a nationwide UK charity specialising in helping unemployed women, including those from BAME backgrounds, find work by providing interview-ready workwear and one-to-one CV and interview coaching.
In addition to the Donations Drive, and in keeping with the theme of empowering women through the process of job applications and interview preparation, the BAME Staff Network is also running:
- free student CV workshops
- personal marketing for LinkedIn success, a free, in person and online, LUNCH + LEARN session with LinkedIn expert, Juliana Camargo.
How to get involved
If you’d like to get involved or would like to join us in celebrating Nelson Mandela International Day, there are two ways you can do so.
1) Donate Your Clothing: 20 June - 18 July
To support unemployed women preparing for that all-important interview, we’re asking Brookes staff to raid their current wardrobes and select an interview-appropriate article of clothing to ‘gift’ to someone more in need.
- Drop off zone 1: 20 June - 17 July, 2nd floor, Buckley Building, Headington Campus
- Drop off zone 2: 18 July, 10.00am - 2.00pm, John Henry Brookes Building Enquiry Centre (located by the main reception desk).
Please read the Smart Works guidelines for workwear donations.
2) Workshops, networking and more: 18 July
Come and join us in person on 18 July to share your donations, attend our workshops and join our networking event. in the Executive Suite (JHB128), John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus.
- CV workshop: 10.00-11.00am
- LinkedIn workshop: 12 noon-1.00pm
- Networking and drinks: 1.00-2.00pm.
In-person places are limited and registration is mandatory. Please use this booking link to secure your spot.
For more information about these events, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.