Ahead of the upcoming exam period, we’ve pulled together some great sources of help and advice available to you so you can get the support you need to do your best.
Drop-in study skills sessions
Group study spaces on campus
Revising in a group can be a fun and motivating way to prepare. If you and a group of friends want to study together, you can book a group study space in our libraries.
Events on Headington Campus
- Meditation for relaxation - On Wednesdays at 12 noon in the Garden Room, Buckley Building, Headington Campus, the Multifaith Chaplaincy runs a guided breathing meditation session to help you unwind and recharge. Practising meditation can help keep feelings of stress under control.
- Crafternoon Tea - All students are welcome to drop in to the Garden Room, Buckley Building, Headington Campus, between 1.00pm and 3.00pm on Wednesday for tea and down time. If you would like to do a craft, there are materials available, or you can bring your own project. Rest during your revision helps to keep your mind and body healthy so you can be more effective when you go back to your work.
Online support from Togetherall
Online support is available 24/7 to all students from our partner Togetherall. Three online courses are available which may help you before and during exams. These courses can be completed at your own time and pace:
- Managing stress and worry: a detailed guide
- Improve your sleep: a course full of hints and tips to help you feel more energised and refreshed
- Stop procrastinating: a course that provides you with techniques and strategies to avoid distraction and increase productivity.
Togetherall also offers a goal setter tool on its website. Goal setting will increase both your motivation and focus, helping you to measure your revision progress. Creating an account with Togetherall is free, quick and easy to do. Find out more and register today.
For more advice and support, visit the dedicated exam support webpages to find out more about the teams across the University who can help you before and during your exams.