With case numbers still high, our Covid Response Team is continuing to offer a friendly support service. The team, pictured above, is made up of Ray, Janet, Helen, Victoria and Aimee (left-right). They are committed to making sure you get the help you need so that a positive test doesn’t cause undue anxiety.
After you complete a Covid reporting form, they will reach out to you either by phone or email to:
- confirm details including confirming movements around campus
- provide guidance on the latest NHS government isolation guidelines
- answer questions and link you with university support teams where needed
- update your learning status on Student Information so academic teams are aware you are isolating
- offer you a point of contact for additional support for the duration of your isolation period. Point of contacts are volunteers who support this work alongside their existing roles.
- link up with the University accommodation teams.
The team also carry out campus investigations across all of our campuses to quickly identify close contacts to reduce the risk of further transmission. They liaise with staff members and students to gain more information, and precautionary emails are sent out to all that are potentially affected.
Please remember to report your vaccination status so they can rule you out of having to isolate if identified as a close contact. The team also support implementation of vaccination clinics and lateral flow testing procedures.
You can find detailed information about Covid-19 testing, reporting and self-isolation arrangements on our Covid webpages.
If you have any questions relating to Covid-19, and what to do if you test positive, you can contact Helen, Aimee, Ray, Janet and Victoria at Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org.