• Despite your best efforts, things will sometimes go wrong. Don't suffer in silence! Try and do something, or at least try to find out where you can get help. Here are some suggestions for where to go at Brookes for help on academic and non-academic issues that you may encounter.

    Academic Advisors

    You will find the name and room number for your Academic Advisor in your Student Information pages. You can discuss with them your overall programme and module choice; academic progress, module results, any worries about your studies; future plans, and ask for a reference. If necessary, you can request a change of Academic Advisor through your Student Information.

    A-Z of support services

    All Brookes support services are listed here, including:

    • Counselling: online resources and information on how to contact the University Counselling Service.
    • Exceptional circumstances guidance explains how and when to apply for particular circumstances to be taken into account in assessment. If you can see something becoming a problem, take action before the deadline.
    • Upgrade can advise you on your assignments of course!

    Student Support Co-ordinators

    Who is your Student Support Co-ordinator (SSCs)?

    SSCs are Faculty-based staff who can help you:

    • find the right person to help
    • make an exceptional circumstances claim
    • use the Student Information system effectively.

    It can be helpful to talk to someone not connected to your studies who knows their way around the Faculty and University systems.

    Student Union Advice Centre

    Student Union Advice Centre offers free, impartial and confidential advice on all aspects of student life.