New students

  • Everything you need to do before you start your course.


    • Approximately six months prior to commencing your studies

      • Make sure you have medical evidence. You will need this when you apply for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) and when you register with our service.
      • Make an application for the DSA if you are eligible - this process can be started at the same time you apply for Student Finance.
      • Once awarded DSA, ensure your university of choice has a copy of your DSA needs assessment.
    • Any time before your course starts

      • If you would like to register with the Inclusive Support Service, please complete this self-referral form or contact us directly if you prefer. If you will need adapted accommodation or assistance on campus, please let us know as soon as possible.
      • Feel free to contact us if you have any queries or concerns.
    • On arrival

      • If you haven’t already been in touch, please make contact with the Inclusive Support Service to find out what we can offer.
      • Please see our Student Responsibility Document for an overview of what you need to do to access support.

    Disability new students