Leaving the University

For students thinking of leaving the University

If you are unhappy at the University or with your course and are considering withdrawing, we would advise you to speak to your Academic Adviser and/or Student Support Co-ordinator. Brookes Union Advice Service are also on hand for advice.

If you are in receipt of funding from Student Finance England, you should also contact them to ascertain what the implications of leaving the course might be.

If you are leaving the University because of financial reasons, we may be able to help. Please contact the Financial Aid team.

If you still wish to withdraw after seeking advice, then you should ensure you have settled any outstanding finances with the University (eg Accommodation / Tuition fees, etc). If you formally withdraw within four weeks of the start of semester, the University will normally refund tuition fees. Please see the refund section on the Student Finance Office web pages.  

How to request a withdrawal

To request to withdrawal from the University, you should complete:

Please contact the Student Record and Curriculum Management Team if you have any queries.

International students

If you are an international student on a Tier 4/Student visa, please contact the International Student Advice Team about the visa implications of leaving your course before making your final decision.