Step 1 - Choose your exchange institution
- Select your exchange institution.
- Arrange to see your Exchange or Subject Coordinator in your faculty to confirm that enough suitable modules are available at your chosen university.
Step 2 - Complete your Oxford Brookes exchange application
The first round of applications (exchanges taking place in the academic year 2023/24) will open on 12 January 2023 and close on 18 February 2023 (11:59pm).
Access the online application portal.
What to do when applications re-open?
- Check you have a GPA of 2.5 or above on your Student Records and Results page (find more information about your GPA).
- Complete an online application form.
- Provide your supporting documents:
Download the Faculty Approval form and ask your exchange or subject coordinator/s to sign it.
Upload the signed Faculty Approval form.
Upload a short personal statement explaining what motivated you to apply for an exchange abroad.
Download and complete The Research Sheet.
Step 3 - Complete your host university application
Either your host university or Brookes Exchanges Team will email you with your host university’s application information and the deadline for completion.
Planning your programme of study abroad
The Exchange or Subject Coordinator will need to approve the modules you plan to take during your exchange. They must sign the learning agreement and approve the level and content of your proposed module choices.
- The requirements of your course may include compulsory and honours modules.
- You will need to enrol for the equivalent of 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) for one semester workload or 60 ECTS for a whole academic year.
- Choose at least 2 additional modules as backup per semester (if possible).
- Please remember, at the time of application, some host universities may not have a definite list of modules that will run in your chosen semester.
- For more information, please see our Modules and Credits page.
In most cases you will need an up-to-date Oxford Brookes transcript for your host university application. The Oxford Brookes Exchanges Office will liaise with Student Central to obtain this document on your behalf. This will be free of charge and will be emailed to you by the Exchanges team.
Step 4 - Before your exchange
- You must attend a Getting Started Briefing and a Pre-Departure briefing session for nominated students. We will email the dates and other details to you nearer the time.