Getting advice

    • Getting advice banner
  • Getting advice

    There are a number of useful resources and teams who are here to support you while living at university. Check below to find out what each one can do for you.

    Living in Halls

    Residences Information Portal - you will need to be logged into your Brookes gmail account to access this site

    • Report a problem or maintenance issue
    • Report an absence
    • Register a guest

    Your hall manager and team - check the Residences Information Portal or ask at your hall reception to find the name of your hall manager and team members

    • Practical advice on living in halls
    • Resolving issues or disagreements
    • Concerns or queries

    Your hall wardens - check the Residences Information Portal or ask at your hall reception to find the name of your wardens

    • Support out of hours, i.e. noise disturbances
    • Resolving issues or disagreements
    • Someone to talk to, if you need it

    Accommodation Advice and Support

    Accommodation Bureau

    • Accommodation for your continuing years
    • Understanding your tenancy in halls or Brookes housing
    • Swapping room

    Brookes Union Advice Service

    • Debt and budgeting
    • Private housing
    • University decisions and mitigating circumstances


    • Fees and funding, including rent
    • Financial support such as grants and scholarships
    • Financial Support

    Your Wellbeing

    Student Minds

    • Peer support
    • Dealing with low mood and mild depression

    Student Support Coordinators - check your PIP to find the name of your student support coordinator

    • Practical day-to-day advice
    • Academic support
    • Pastoral care and personal issues

    Wellbeing Services

    • Counselling services, talks, guides and workshops on living well at university
    • Disability, Dyslexia and SpLD Services
    • Interfaith chaplaincy

    Outside of Oxford Brookes

    Citizens Advice Bureau

    • Financial, legal and housing advice
    • Immigration information

    UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)

    • Visas and immigration
    • Fees and money
    • Studying, living and working in the UK