Complaints procedure

  • Accommodation complaints procedure

    The objective of Oxford Brookes University is to provide the highest quality services and facilities to applicants and students.

    We use any comments you make to help us to improve our service. However, if there are areas of our provision that concern you or about which you wish to make a formal complaint our procedure is as follows: 

    Complaints regarding applying for halls accommodation

    If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your application for halls of residence, in the first instance you should contact our Accommodation Bureau.

    The Accommodation Bureau will try to address your concerns in line with our accommodation allocation policy. Our staff will aim to resolve your problem as promptly as possible - please be aware that the start of the academic year is always a time of peak demand.

    If you are dissatisfied with the way your situation has been handled, you may make a formal complaint.

    All complaints received from applicants/students regarding applying for halls accommodation will be considered individually. Please include supporting details, such as previous correspondence or documentation. Complaints can be submitted by email to or by letter, and should be addressed to:

    Mr Harmohinder Bahl
    Facilities and Commercial Director
    Estates and Facilities Management
    Headington Campus
    OX3 0BP

    The Facilities and Commercial Director will conduct an investigation into your complaint and respond accordingly. Where an applicant/student is not satisfied with the outcomes of this investigation, the complaint will be referred to the Director of Estates and Facilities Management.

    Please note: The complaints process is a separate and formal mechanism for reviewing the University’s actions. While your complaint will be considered as soon as possible, you need to continue to deal with the Accommodation Bureau who will aim to resolve your initial concern.

    Complaints regarding living in University accommodation

    Complaints relating to living in University accommodation should follow the University’s Student Complaints Procedure.