Go to the Students section
Go to the Staff section
Go to the Alumni section
Go to the Study here section
Go to the International section
Go to the About section
Go to the Research section
Go to the Business and Employers section
Go to the Support us section
After you have enrolled with both Oxford Brookes University and your college, you will receive an ID card and your unique portal password.
You will need this to access your University email account and its online service.
1. Visit gmail.com.
2. Enter your 8 digit student number followed by ‘@brookes.ac.uk’ in the ‘Email’ box (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Enter your password that you used for online enrolment in the ‘Password box’.
4. Click ‘Sign in’ and your email inbox will appear on the screen.
You may have your own personal email address that you use regularly, and would rather not have another email account to check. In this case, we recommend that you set up automatic forwarding so that you don’t miss anything important.
1. Click the gear icon in the top right of the window.
2. Select See all settings.
3. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab at the top.
4. Click the Add a forwarding address option in the “Forwarding” section.
5. Enter the email address you want to forward to.
6. For your security, we’ll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
7. Click the verification link in that email.
8. Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon.
9. On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
10. In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
11. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
For further help setting up your email: IT Service Desk