• banner - accommodation
  • Accommodation

    Most first-year students live in halls of residence. This provides a safe, welcoming environment in which your son or daughter can get used to living independently. It’s also a great way to meet other new students while they are settling in.

    The majority of our student halls are on or near our campuses. There are plenty of options, consisting of:

    • 4,000 self-catered, single study-bedrooms
    • 130 studio apartments

    Find out lots more about our halls and other options.

    A guaranteed room in halls

    If your son or daughter chooses Oxford Brookes as their firm choice, we guarantee they will be offered a room within one of their hall choices. If they choose the University as an insurance choice, they should still apply for halls. We will offer them a room if we can. If this isn't possible, we will help them find alternative accommodation.


    Each hall has an on-site residence manager and hall supervisors. There’s support on-site through the night too. Hall staff are experienced at making new students feel at home.

    Student insurance

    All students who live in halls are provided with block contents insurance covering their time in halls.


    All halls are on a BROOKESbus route - connecting Headington, Harcourt Hill and Wheatley campuses with the city centre. Travel is free but there is an £8.00 admin charge to receive the Brookes Key.


    The University is situated in one of the safest student areas in the country according to research conducted by the Complete University Guide.

    What’s on campus?

    Campus facilities include:

    cafes and eateries

    sport facilities

    libraries (open 24/7 during semester on Headington Campus)

    computer rooms




    students’ union run bar (Headington Campus)

    covered market
    Students by the river
    JHBB red walls

    Where to get help

    If your son or daughter has concerns to do with living in their hall, encourage them to go to their hall office and talk to hall staff. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, or they don’t want to discuss it with hall staff, they should go to the accommodation bureau instead.

    It’s important to bear in mind that we need to hear directly from the student. We have a contractual agreement with them, and are unable to discuss their contract with anybody else under Data Protection legislation.