Midwifery Conference: New to the UK
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
- Staff - teaching
- Current students - undergraduate
Chakrabarti Lecture Theatre, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
With the world in the middle of “one of the worst forced displacement crises ever” (Refugee Council, May 2018), we are presented with a number of healthcare challenges.
This conference will explore:
- The needs of migrant women during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
- Their experiences of current maternity care provision in the UK.
- Strategies to improve the pregnancy, birth and early days of motherhood experience for migrant women and their families.
- Strategies to optimise maternity caregiver knowledge and skills when caring for this client group.
- Lucy Halton - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Marie-Clare Balaam - University of Central Lancashire
- Dr Melanie Cooper - University of Bradford
- Dr Rayah Feldman - Maternity Action
- Amanda Firth - University of Leeds
- Rose McCarthy - Refugee Council
- Refugees who are Experts by Experience
- Health professionals
- Migrant women
- Those who work with migrant women
For more info, take a look a the full conference programme.