Membership of professional bodies
- Governor at the Slade Nursery School and Children’s Centre and the Blackbird Leys Children Centre, both in Oxford.
- Member of the Oxfordshire Children’s Fund Board (2004-2008).
- Worked as an External Examiner for a number of undergraduate and masters programmes, most recently for the MA in Special Educational Needs and in Literacy Difficulties at the University of Birmingham (2003-2007).
Conference papers (indicative)
- ‘What makes multiprofessional work really work?’ Guest speaker for the seminar series, ‘Working together to support vulnerable people in contemporary society’, University of Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire County Council.
- Findings from the Oxfordshire Lamb Inquiry project, Key note speaker, Oxfordshire SENCo conference.
- ‘Take 3 Parenting programme evaluation’, paper given at the, ‘Parents Matter’, International Conference, Holborn Bars, London.
Georgina joined the staff at Brookes following a teaching career in the primary and secondary sectors. This included working as the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator in a large secondary school. She has also trained as an Educational Psychologist.