I supervise a number of undergraduate Honours dissertation students and Masters dissertations.
I am currently supervising 2 research students in the Department and am keen to encourage applications from promising and suitably qualified potential students. I would particularly welcome projects on aspects of globalization, and on new media and politics/governance.
Recent successful completions include:
- Dr Catherine Mudime Akale: Gendered Politics and the Secondary Status of Female Bureaucrats in Cameroonian Governing Institutions.
- Dr Jane Booth: The Transformation of Professional Practices in Post-Communist Poland: Observing the Dynamics of Globalisation
- Dr Oli Ahmad, Bir Bikram: Revolution, Military Personnel and the War of Liberation in Bangladesh.
- Dr John Crabtree: The Peruvian Party System: 1980-2007
- Dr Duncan Green: Active Citizens and Effective States
- Vikki Gordon (M.phil): National Security Directives: Unilaterally Shaping U.S. National Security Policy
- Dr. Alex Finnen: The Role of the International Community in post-conflict reconstruction in the South East Balkans
- Dr. David Hughes: American exceptionalism
- Dr. Abilene Pitt: The World Bank and Global Governance
Current students include:
- Muejgan Oegan: Education and nation-building in Africa
- Kian Pourkemani: Self Determination and non-consensual secession