My research interests are in software engineering, which include software development methdologies, especially for cloud and web based software, software languages for modelling, design and programming, software automation for testing, etc.
Research group membership
Chair of Applied Formal Methods Research Group
Project 1: Cloud Software Development Languages and Environments
The project is a departmental REF 2020 key project. It aims at developing programming languages and integrated development environment for cloud native software. It consists of two parts:
- COAPLE: A novel programming language for cloud native applications in the microserivces architecture. It is based on the service agent model of concurrent and distributed programming model.
- CIDE: A novel integrated DevOps environment for cloud software development. It integrates software development environment with cluster management, monitoring and operation tools in one environemnt so that staging and operation activities can be shifted left.
Project 2: Formal Methods for Cloud Software
The project is also a depatmental REF 2020 key project. It aims at developing a formal method and supporting tools for develop cloud native software. The main focus is one algebraic approach. The main outcomes so far include the following:
- SOFIA: A service oriented formal specification language in algebraic theory. It is designed to formally specify services in the algebraic approach.
- Tr2Ont: A technique and tool for transformation of algebraic specifications into ontological description of web services.
- Metrics and tools for measureing the quality of algebraic specifications and ontological descriptions of web services;
- Automatic testing of web services based on algebraic specifications.
Personal Website URL: http://cms.brookes.ac.uk/staff/HongZhu/
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=6fKIcOEAAAAJ&hl=en