National and international conference presentations
- 2014 Paper accepted for the New Zealand Educational Research Conference May:2014
- 2013 International Society for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (ISLTHE) in USA: October: 2013-
- 2011 Auckland University of Technology invited speaker to present at a research conference on educational mentoring
- 2007 Conference presentation Institute of Cybernetics paper entitled ‘Cyber-ethnography, the research method for the 21st century’ USA
- 2008 Conference presentation for the International Society for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (ISLTHE) Philadelphia:USA (also Editorial Board member for the Journal published by this organisation)
- 2007 International Education Transformation Conference Augusta, USA: Training for Transformation
- 2003 International Medical Health Conference, Burne, Switzerland -CD Rom delivery of Medical Pedagogy
UK conference presentations
- 2014 Keynote speaker: Edge Hill Conference on Education Reform (March:2014)
- 2012 Keynote speaker: Presidential Conference of the Institute for Learning
- 2011 Quality Assurance Association conference at Aston University
- 2010 CETT annual conference – Westminster University Keynote address
- 2009 Teaching and Learning Research Programme: Greenwich University Enterprising Colleges
- 2009 CETT National Conference: Eden Project Sustaining Quality in Challenging Times
- 2008 Quality Improvement Agency Conference: Warwick Coaching for Performance
- 2006 Centre for Excellence in Leadership: The Belfry Hotel: Are we ready for reform?
- 2004 Learning and Skills Development Agency: Queen Elizabeth Centre: London -Success for All
- 2002 Institute of Technology: Sheffield University- Beyond Our Wildest Dreams -ICT in learning and teaching
- 1999 Learning and Skills Development Agency: Warwick University The Management of Change using ICT to support Inclusion and Widen Participation
- 2000 British Education Research Association: Cardiff University- Oh to be a learner now the learning age is here
- 2013 Member of a team organising the School of Education Research conference
- 2012 School of Education Internal Research Conference
- 2011 CETT Annual Conference
- 2010 CETT Annual Conference
- 2009 CETT Annual Conference:
- 2008 Oxford Brookes Conference on 14-19 Education – keynote address
- 2008 National Education Transformation Question Time: Organiser
- 2008 International Baccalaureate: Organiser and welcome on behalf of the Private and State School Partnership
- 2007 CETT launch: Organiser and Keynote speaker
- 2005 Oxford Brookes Conference on the Learning and Skills Reform Agenda: organiser and welcome speech on behalf of ESCalate
- 2003 Oxford Brookes University Conference on Foundation Degrees: organiser and welcome speech on behalf of ESCalate.
Liz Browne started her career in schools in Wiltshire and Somerset moving quickly to become a deputy head of a large comprehensive school before taking a career break to bring up her children. She returned to permanent employment work as a lecturer in a Further Education College where she worked part time until becoming a Head of Department and later Head of School.
In 1999 she was appointed to Oxford Brookes University as a lecturer in the Sociology of Education. Over the last ten years she has held a number of roles as:
- Head of Lifelong Learning
- Director of Secondary and Post-compulsory Education
- Director of Knowledge Transfer and Consultancy and Head of Quality.
- Head of Quality Assurance, Quality Enhancement and Validations
In addition she is Director of the Westminster Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training and the governor of a local Primary School.