Recent conference papers
- Learners, changing, teachers changing: changing methodologies: Harrogate IATEFL April 2014
- Learning Interconnectedness: HEA conference Bringing Graduate Attributes to Life November 2013 Oxford Brookes University
- Teacher stories: March 2013 Worldwide webinar Oxford, Oxford University Press
- Creativity and language play Worldwide webinar Oxford University Press March 2012
- Reading from the Inside Poster presentation ESRC Poetry Matters Seminar University of Leicester September 2011
- Creativity in the Language curriculum Oxford University Press Teacher Development day, Zagreb, Croatia December 2010
- Embedding e-learning into programme design HEA University of Newcastle December 2010
- Developing online learning communities University of Northumbria HEA Evidence-based seminar March 2010
- Story writing as a learning resource at the University of Stockholm, Sweden November 2009
Her previous posts include: Senior Lecturer in International Education at the College of St. Mark and St. John; Assistant Director of Studies at Janus Pannonius University, Hungary; co-ordinator of the English Language Centre at Nottingham University; course manager of Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching for Adults (DELTA) in Switzerland. She has been consultant on government , Oxford University Press and British Council projects in materials writing, test writing, curriculum development and creative writing in India, Japan, China, Malaysia, Kenya and Sri Lanka; UK Co-ordinator for a European Language Testing Consortium and co-editor of the journal Reading in a Foreign Language.
She has also been presenter and writer of interfaith programmes for Carlton and West Country Television. She is the author of Creative Poetry Writing (2004) and Storybuilding (2007) with Oxford University Press and is currently writing a core book for the development of teachers of English worldwide with Edinburgh University Press. She is a published poet and novelist with a research/teaching commitment to the connections between creative practitioner and educator.
Her PhD on this subject was completed in 2008 and published in full online by the University of Bath.
Former keynote papers in the field of creative language education
- MICELT Malaysia (2004, 2005)
- Oxford University Press Teachers Conference Helsinki, Finland (2004)
- British Council at Oxford University (2004)
- Intercollege conference in Nicosia, Cyprus (2003)
- TESOL Conference Paris, France (2003)