Press, publicity and reviews
Editorial and journal review work
Reviewer for Quaternary International, Journal of Archaeological Science, Journal of Quaternary Science, Higher Education Research and Development, Teaching and Learning Inquiry, Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly, Journal of
Geography in Higher Education, Studies in Higher Education, Higher Education Pedagogies.
- 2010, International Editorial Board member: Reinvention a journal of undergraduate research
- 2008, Editorial Board: Journal of Geography in Higher Education
- 2007, Editorial Board: BeJLT Brookes e-journal of Learning and Teaching
- 2007-10, Subject Editor: Reinvention a journal of undergraduate research
- 2006, Founder and editor: Geoverse The national undergraduate research journal for Geography
- 2006, Founder and editor: Geoversity Brookes undergraduate geography research journal
- 1998–01, Editorial Advisory Board: The Development Education Journal
- 2015, Oak Tree, Nature's greatest survivor BBC 4
- 2014,‘The Fen’ episode 5 of The Laboratory with Leaves - shown in the Oxford University Natural History Museum. Available from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLYdEdaeGU
- 2011, ‘Assessment and feedback,’ ‘supervising undergraduate research’ and ‘Research ethics’ - Video vignettes for Epigeum (an educational consultancy) for staff new to teaching in the US and UK.
- 1999, BBC TV programme Rocks and Soils in the series Pod's mission.