Dr Ferdinand has over 15 years experience teaching hospitality, tourism and event management students. She began her teaching career as a Lecturer at the Trinidad and Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Insitute in 2005. Subsequently Nicole was appointed Senior Lecturer in Events Management at London Metropolitan University and later at Bournemouth University. She joined Oxford Brookes University as a Senior Lecturer in Business.
Nicole has designed and/or delivered more than 20 modules/courses/units in hospitality, tourism and events for students studying in further education (FE), at undergraduate (UG) and post-graduate (PG) levels and as working professionals. Most recently, at Oxford Brookes University, she has convened and/or taught modules in:
- HOTO 4001 - Management in hospitality, tourism and events - UG
- HOTO 5002 - Digital marketing for service industries - UG
- HOTO 5004 - Festival and cultural events management - UG
- HOTO 5006 - International marketing for hospitality and tourism services - UG
- EVNT 6002 - Contemporary issues in responsible leadership (in international events) - UG
- BMGT 7021 - Research methods (for hospitality, tourism and events) - PG