- BTEC National Diploma with two / three merits and five GCSEs at Grade C or above, one of which must be English, plus a portfolio of practical work.
- AVCE (Double Award) in Art & Design and five GCSEs at Grade C or above, one of which must be English plus a portfolio of practical work.
- Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design) or Access to Art and Design Diploma plus a portfolio of practical work.
- Two years' industrial experience plus a portfolio of practical work (mature students, for example).
Specific entry requirements
A-Level: 2 A-levels in subjects appropriate to the degree
GCSE: 5 subjects at grade C or above, including English
- Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design), Access to Art & Design, AVCE (Double Award) in Art & Design, BTEC National Extended Diploma in Art & Design or 2 A-levels in subjects appropriate to the degree and 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, one of which should include English.
- Other qualifications or experience, for example mature students without formal qualifications, but with evidence of relevant industrial experience will be considered.
Entry into Year 2 may be considered for those students with a BTEC Higher National Diploma or Certificate in a subject appropriate to the degree, with merit passes in at least three final year modules, one of which should be in the contextual studies area
In addition, all candidates must present a satisfactory portfolio of practical work at interview.
Please also see the University's general entry requirements.
Selection process All candidates must present a satisfactory portfolio of practical work at interview.
English language requirements
Please see the University's standard English language requirements
How to apply
Applications must be made via UCAS. Please check with UCAS for any amendments before submitting your application.
An E-portfolio can be submitted as a method of presentation for portfolio of work if an International or overseas student.
This course is not available to international students requiring a Tier 4 visa.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
When you accept our offer, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment. You should therefore read those conditions before accepting the offer.
Oxford Brookes operates the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). All undergraduate single modules are equivalent to 7.5 ECTS credits and double modules to 15 ECTS credits. More about ECTS credits.