BrookesEDGE is a co-curricular scheme run by the University and Brookes Union. You join groups, or act in a wide range of student roles or tell us about your other activities outside your studies and we will help you to make the most of your time at University and stand out in the job market.
Stand out from the crowd
- Choose from a range of activities or groups using the EDGE app or,
- Propose your own activity (e.g. paid work, voluntary work, caring responsibilities),
- Build up your hours and...
- ...get a BrookesEDGE certificate describing what you have done and the employer-recognised skills you have developed.
- You can also apply for BrookesEDGE+ - an accredited award that employers really value.
Being part of a BrookesEDGE activity will add to your studies and widen your social network. You will also develop one or more skills that we call BrookesEDGE attributes:
- planning and managing,
- problem solving,
- working with others,
- ethical behaviour.
Build your hours through one or more activities and we will help you to reflect on and describe those skills and name them on your certificate.
Write these reflections up to achieve BrookesEDGE+ - recognised by the Institute of Leadership and Management.