The Oxford School of Hospitality Management prides itself on its strong relationships with hospitality, events and tourism organisations. Top employers seek out our graduates and our alumni have highly successful careers.
The placements team offers advice, informs employers of available students and assists with their preparation for employment.
The work experience module is optional but strongly recommended for hospitality & events students who want to develop industry experience. It is a great opportunity to put what they have learnt into practice.
Our undergraduate students must be placed for a minimum of 40 weeks starting their role in May/June.
Companies that regularly provide work placement opportunities to our students include:
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Our postgraduate students are required to be in a work placement for a minimum of 40 weeks but with the experience of having already completed a degree (not necessarily in hospitality & events), they are clearer as to their choice of career and are more likely to have had previous work experience.
Postgraduate Students - the benefits to you:
- Gain a mature, skilled professional wanting to make a serious contribution to your organisation for a highly affordable salary (typically 16-22k).
- Many of the students are international, with fluency in other languages of emerging markets (including China and India) and a global perspective.
- You do not have to sponsor an international student while they are on placement as they are eligible to work full time under their Tier 4/Student visa.