The Business School is committed to student-centred and active teaching methods where teaching means more than the transmission of information.
To succeed, our graduates need the ability to renew their knowledge, to seek out new and relevant information, to analyse and evaluate changing business environments and to create innovative solutions. At the Business School we provide an educational experience that is:
- Relevant – grounded in managerial and professional practice and research
- Challenging – setting high expectations, whilst providing the support required for students to live up to these expectations
- Stimulating – providing varied experiences which take students beyond conventional lectures and seminars and the knowledge of today
- Internationally-oriented – preparing students for careers in increasingly integrated global organisations
- Inclusive - where the contributions of all students, academic and support staff are valued
- Satisfying – where students assess their experience as both worthwhile and enjoyable and where student dissatisfaction is responded to both rapidly and fairly
The Business School has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and learning. Our innovative teaching is based on evidence and on the substantive published research and continual evaluation of teaching and learning that takes place in the School. The School hosts some of the UK's leading experts and practitioners in teaching and learning.
Our academic staff have been very active when it comes to disseminating their knowledge. Best-selling textbooks written by our staff have been published in marketing, research methods, business, entrepreneurship, accounting, and economics among others.
Our quality standards are monitored by the UK Government, by external accreditation and through membership of professional associations worldwide.