Teaching and supervision
I teach on the BSc. Human Nutrition and provide project supervision to students on both the BSc. and MSc. programmes.
- NUTR5004 - Nutritional Biochemistry & Metabolism
- NUTR5006 - Professional Practice for Nutritionists 2
- NUTR4006 - Food Groups
- NUTR5008 - Applied Human Nutrition.
My research interests relate to eating behaviours and motivations for food choice. Most recently, my PhD research has focussed on food choices and eating behaviours in adolescents, an interesting yet challenging cohort to research and work with. Prior to this, I worked largely in the area of global public health nutrition, mainly focussing on breastfeeding and support for new mothers. I continue to work in this area through support to the Emergency Nutrition Network (ENN).
Research group membership
Child and Young People Network
Memberships of professional bodies
- Association for Nutrition RNutr #21226
- Member of the Nutrition Society
Areas of expertise
- Adolescent nutrition
- Food choice
- Eating behaviours
- Global nutrition
- Public health nutrition
- Qualitative research
- Mixed methods research.
- Assistant Lecturer in Nutrition at Technological University Dublin
- Part-time lecturer at Dublin City University
- Research assistant at the Institute of Food and Health in University College Dublin
- Nutrition Specialist at UNICEF Vietnam
- Nutrition Project Coordinator with GOAL Global