My role comprises of teaching undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students with a special emphasis on audit and assurance. Furthermore, I have been responsible for of rolling out the new compulsory level 5 module on on personal and professional development focussing on improving employability prospects for students.
I am actively engaged in bringing in current accounting and auditing experience into the teaching. This may be inviting guest speakers or running audit practice simulations to help students put theory into practice.
Teaching and supervision
- Postgraduate Audit and Assurance
- Undergraduate Audit Practice
- Undergraduate Audit Theory
- Undergraduate Personal and Professional Development
- Undergraduate Accounting and Financial Information
- Introduction to Audit Theory and Practice
I am also a Placement Tutor & Independent Study Tutor
MSc Advanced Accounting and Finance Research Project
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountant in England and Wales (ICAEW)
8.5 years at Grant Thornton UK LLP where I trained as a chartered accountant firstly in audit, London office. Followed by an internal move to the national training centre of Grant Thornton UK LLP where I was the assurance trainee manager looking after the training needs of assurance trainees.
Registered mentor for ACCA BSc Applied Accounting