Mr Daniel J Newcombe
MSc, PCTHE, BSc
- Danny currently leads the (BSc) Sport, Coaching and PE degree.
- He is a Senior Lecturer and teaches the coaching, practice to theory strand of the degree.
- In addition he is the assistand coach for the Welsh National Hockey team and the head coach of the Southgate mens national hockey league team.
Areas of expertise
- Non-linear pedagogy
- Constraints-Led Approach
- Application of coaching theory to practice
- Human Movement and Skill Development
Teaching and supervision
- Coaching Practice to Theory 2
- Advanced Coaching Practice
- Human Movement and Skill in Sport
Danny teachers across a wide range of modules but is primarily focussed on the practical and theortical elements of coaching and teaching.
Danny is currently enrolled on a PhD. The study aims to bridge the gap between the theory and practical application of a Constraints-Led Approach. By operationalising the underpinning theopries of ecological dynmaics through the production of frameworks, Danny aims to optimise the environment design of practitioners and researches.
Danny is involved in an exciting primary school PE project. Analysing the impact of a play-based curriculum on the development of childresn physical literacy.
Danny is involved in a wide range of consultany with various sporting national governing bodies. The development of coaches practice, in particular their environment design and application of a constraints-led approach.
Danny is the director of teaching and learning for Boing Kids
Danny is the assistand coach for the Welsh National Hockey team. In addition he is the head coach of the Southgate mens national hockey league team.
Danny is park of the GB Hockey performance coaching group and contributes heavily to the coach development elements of GB hockey.